Sunday, November 9, 2014

How to style: Leather

Hey guys! Leather is one of my favorite materials to wear during the fall and winter season. The polished black leather gives a chic effect to the entire outfit. It's hard to go wrong with leather bottoms because they pretty much look good with any top, but I came up with couple of styling ideas for inspiration. 


First, I paired my leather skater skirt (Topshop) with a simple gray top (earth music&ecology) I got from Japan a few years ago. My chelsea boots are also from Topshop and I grabbed my black coat that is from A.L.C in case it gets colder. The gold temporary tattoos on my hand and arm are from Mr. Kate. I know I'm a little behind with the tattoo season, but I think they still look cool with the contrast to the black leather. 




















Liv is wearing a pair of black leather pants from Pacsun that have cool contrasting material front and back. They have zipper detailing in the front. She threw on a white lace top from Forever 21 and a black cardigan from Forever 21. She wore a scarf from Gap and a pair of creepers from T.U.K.
I really like how the white lace looks with the black leather. A little femme, a little tough, complete perfection.


















Here I changed my top into a pink cropped sweater from Topshop. Pretty much all my items are from Topshop in this outfit. I love pairing cropped sweaters with high-waisted skater skirts . I recommend adding a pop of color like this if you want to add some brightness to your outfit. 

















4 comments: